Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 106

Thread: Ford to Cut Jobs

  1. #31
    Guest 's Avatar

    Re: Ford to Cut Jobs

    Just a thread comment, not a single poster. Which part of that was I having trouble with? I didn't like Bush cause of his Saudi/Bin Lauden oil biz ties/and some of his policies. I didn't think Iraq had WMD's , but it ain't my call, till after about 2000 deaths the president won't take responsibility for. Support the troops and country, go thru and search, start a free country, it is 80 per cent free ,right? Gee , it's getting kinda OLD and EXPENSIVE and this hasn't been my close family yet. And this lil' war and ensuing price increase has cut a great chunk from the auto industry , don't fool yourselves.

  2. #32
    Inactive Member gcdevil22's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 11th, 2004
    Posts
    5,129
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Ford to Cut Jobs

    do i think saddam hussein is much better off out of power? YES

    do i thik we were right for taking him out of power? YES

    could we have done a MUCH better job of rallying more international help? YES

    was it wrong to switch from saying the purpose of the "war" was Bin Laden then directly to a new person for an unknown reason? YES

    ill support our troops...but not the way the cause was handled
    "An individual has not started living until he can rise above the narrow confines of his individualistic concerns to the broader concerns of all humanity."

    -Martin Luther King Jr.

  3. #33
    Inactive Member one1one's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 9th, 2005
    Posts
    808
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Ford to Cut Jobs

    i agree with most of the things u just said, but what could we have done to get alot more of international help?

    </font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
    ill support our troops...but not the way the cause was handled

    [/ QUOTE ]

    so your saying you just support the troops half the time??
    and if they arnt doing what YOU think is right then you wont support them?
    [b] "The One and Only"[/b]

  4. #34
    Inactive Member 1inStripes's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 25th, 2002
    Posts
    12,052
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Ford to Cut Jobs

    </font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
    could we have done a MUCH better job of rallying more international help? YES


    [/ QUOTE ]

    I agree things could have been handled differently. But, if we had stalled longer for more support, what countries do you think would have supported the fight in Iraq more? What difference do you think it would have made? I am just asking your, and others, feelings on this, not attempting to prod or be a smart alec about it.
    "Call me crazy, but I want to buy the Dallas Cowboys end zone and have the star right at the foot of my bed. That way when I score, I can spike the ball right on the star!" -Woody Paige, Around the Horn 10.9.08

  5. #35
    Inactive Member gcdevil22's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 11th, 2004
    Posts
    5,129
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Ford to Cut Jobs

    i do support our troops 100% all the time...but that doesnt mean i cant question the motives and the way things were handled and the decisions of the people in charge

    and to answer 1instripes question...i dont believe ANY new nations wouldve helped...while bush was in office, his diplomatic relations are among the worst of any president to date
    "An individual has not started living until he can rise above the narrow confines of his individualistic concerns to the broader concerns of all humanity."

    -Martin Luther King Jr.

  6. #36
    Inactive Member 1inStripes's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 25th, 2002
    Posts
    12,052
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Ford to Cut Jobs

    Ok, I will agree with you there. I just didn't see what difference it would make to wait and see how much more help we could get when there wouldn't be any.

    You also will not get much help when the countries you are asking help from have thier hand in the cookie jar anyway.
    "Call me crazy, but I want to buy the Dallas Cowboys end zone and have the star right at the foot of my bed. That way when I score, I can spike the ball right on the star!" -Woody Paige, Around the Horn 10.9.08

  7. #37
    Guest 's Avatar

    Re: Ford to Cut Jobs

    I'll support the troops all the time - they don't have a choice. However , if you ain't noticed, good war making policy isn't REPEATING the SAME ACTION on a time schedule. It is time to change things. Check this, most of the pledged aid has been spent on the WAR, so now how are we gonna pay to rebuild the country? Let's skip the cash issue cause I know what the answer is gonna be -same as Reagan's- just change the policy to give the troops a fighting chance. Shoot first, and give them enough money to let the families live decent while the folks are gone and to fund VA care once they get back.

  8. #38
    Guest 's Avatar

    Re: Ford to Cut Jobs

    PS the above is just a thread comment not to Stripes personally- too early to start on the refs . [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] A lil poetry in case ya get bored-
    The terrorism war begins to sag
    The perpetrator we were meant to bag
    Remains at large, and wartime fervor fades.
    Then Bush and all his hawkish White House aides
    drop sactions as the way to tame Iraq
    And say, "Without delay we must attack&gt;"
    If that war sags , there's still a backup plan.
    It's war without delay against Iran.
    And when the zest for that war, too, has faded?
    That's easy: North Korea gets invaded.
    But then it's hard to think of what to do.
    Destroy Bahrain? Bomb France? Invade Peru?
    Cal Trillin author of
    Obliviously on He Sails I like bomb France muhsuf [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

  9. #39
    Inactive Member PVVikeFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 1st, 2004
    Posts
    2,188
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Ford to Cut Jobs

    gcdevil I am neither a democrat nor a republican, nor do I make it a habit to debate politics. But I have to tell you that if you think John Kerry is such a wonderful person but then call the people who voted for W. misinformed, I am worried about the quality of education at my beloved Tech.

    A vote for Bush was more a vote AGAINST Kerry. I have no idea where Kerry stands on ANYTHING and I doubt very seriously that you do either. His views on any subject change depending on the audience.

    He never did tell the truth about his service in Vietnam and after all these years probably never will.

    He wanted a "more sensative" stance against terrorism, then denied making the statement. (I would have denied something that stupid too)

    He voted for cuts in the defense budget and then blasted others for doing the same thing.

    He gave a speach to an environmentalist group blasting SUV's and denied owning one. When pinned down by a reporter at another speach he admitted that his family actually owns several.

    He said he threw his service medals over the White House walls and then admited that he didn't.

    He testified about "war crimes" he witnessed in Vietnam and then admitted that he didn't see anything.

    He was against the Patriot Act, then for it, then against it, then for it.......

    Same thing with the Clean Air Bill

    Same thing with just about everything. Mr. Kerry is a TRUE politician. HE goes any way the wind is blowing. I don't know of anything he has taken a position on and stood by it. But since you are obviously a die hard democrat, you, along with Ted (Pour me Another Drink) Kennedy can only down the man who has had to make more difficult decisions than any American President in history.

    True, President Bush has made some bad decisions. He has done several things I don't agree with. But at least he does know how to make a decision and stand by it.
    _________________________________________________________
    HOW'S THAT HOPE AND CHANGE WORKING OUT FOR YA ??????

  10. #40
    Inactive Member one1one's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 9th, 2005
    Posts
    808
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Ford to Cut Jobs

    nice facts....and great post
    [b] "The One and Only"[/b]

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •